[lbo-talk] Class, Kink, Sex

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 10 06:38:33 PST 2007

The short version of the consent argument is that you have given no reasons to think that the consensual relationships being discussed are oppressive, and the null hypothesis is that consent is legitimating unless special conditions that underline the legitimation that consent confers are shown to apply. Thee bare possibility that consent may in some circumstances not legitimate is irrelevant unless the special conditions are shown, or at least argued, to apply.

Your ignorance and its invincibility comes through in two ways: (1) your misguided medicalization or moral discourse -- it may be evil to be cruel, but that does not make the bad people sick, and (2) your complete unwillingness to absorb the extensive discussions of the phenomenology of kinky behavior, including the kind of pain some of it involves inflicting, and the difference between that and harm, This has been extensively discussed, and I refer you again to Brian and my Domme friend's long discussion in the archives from a couple of years ago if you can;'t get the point here. You and Charles, mainly, don't seem to grasp the distinction between what does on being consenting BDSM partners and the torture chambers of the Spanish Inquisition. This is willful blindness. After all this discussion, it practically amounts to intentional stupidity.

Pardon the harsh language, but I find that subtlety and civility don't get across to you. I am not sure that bluntness and rudeness do either. You are a guy who can't get an idea out of your head once it gets in, who cannot express a tentative hypothesis instead of a flat declarative announcement, and who never admits that he might be wrong. It makes you a bit dull to talk to, actually, despite your obvious intelligence.