[lbo-talk] Left-Wing Puritanism Strikes Again!! (The Slandering ofBDSM Practioners)

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Jan 10 19:01:37 PST 2007

Anthony Kennerson wrote:

> And if you don't mind, please cite any example of one practioner or
> "advocate" of BDSM ever saying that such is a "superior" or "more
> advanced" form of sex than traditional "vanilla" het/gay sex....

I agree completely with Anthony's post as a whole, but I'm not sure this is wholly accurate.

My principle is solidarity. Both Chuck and Joanna break solidarity.

Chuck wrote:

> I suspect that there are some kinksters who are stuck in
> a rut in terms of what gets them off, but I think that kinksters are
> more sexually liberated and enjoy more freedom than people who just muck
> along

That is a violation of solidarity, a sneer at the private choices of those "who just muck along."

joanna wrote:

> Freedom is not scripted.

That is a violation of solidarity, a sneer at the private choices of those who like to script their sex.

If change is to come to the u.s., the mass of people who bring about that change will be incredibly varied in their tastes, habits, etc. Chuck and Joanna are attacking many of that hoped-for army as not measuring up to some esoteric standard of "real" freedom.

Carrol