[lbo-talk] Sex and Stuff

Mike Ballard swillsqueal at yahoo.com.au
Thu Jan 11 13:32:52 PST 2007

Joanna:

Now everyone on this list, except for ravi, are arguing that #3 and # 4 and #5 and #6 are the same.

[WS:] I take exception to this. I did not argue they are the same, I argued for the position that implies to the contrary. I said that BD is unlikely to occur in a fully egalitarian society because there is no social script for strongly hierarchical, asymmetric power relationships. Your number 5 and 6, however, could easily happen in egalitarian societies, because their attractiveness (sexual and otherwise) does not fundamentally depend on fetishized power asymmetry.

Yes indeed. BD would probably have a hard time maintaining relevance in a society of political-economic equality--a communist society.

Regards, Mike B)

Watch the communist manifestoon! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1oGIffyVVk

____________________________________________________________________________________ Cheap talk? Check out Yahoo! Messenger's low PC-to-Phone call rates. http://voice.yahoo.com