[lbo-talk] Sex and Stuff

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Thu Jan 11 13:35:21 PST 2007

In some advice column a year or two or so ago a woman wrote in saying that she had a yen for her husband spanking her as foreplay. She was embarassed about asking him. The columnist (probably 'Dear Abby') suggested that the woman clip the column and show it to him. Essentially, the woman was saying that embarassment was a limitation on her freedom, and the columnist was suggesting a way in which that constraint on human freedom could be overcome.

I wonder if Charles thinks that husband would be an abuser if he took the hint.

Carrol ^^^^^^ CB: Carrol, you naughty boy, didn't you see the post where Doug just said stop talking about this subject matter ? Or maybe you got the impression that he just wanted me to stop talking about it ?