Aristocracies, was Re: [lbo-talk] Class and Kink

Wojtek Sokolowski swsokolowski at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 11 19:34:45 PST 2007

> Who are these enlightened elites? Could you point
> some out to me for
> my ruling class research?

[WS:] FDR or JFK in this country - for example - who achieved more social change than all tough talking activistists combined. JFK did it even against popular will, by disptaching federal marshalls.

Communists in Poland who were the elite instituting progress against the wishes of backward catholic peasantry and petit bourgeoisie. Ditto for Russia and China - where the revolutionary impetus came from above, and found a fertile ground in uprooted by war populace.

As to the current elites - I am not sure that there is much enlightenmen there, but I'd rather bet on people like Al Gore or Dennis Kucinich than waiting for the masses to rise against the establishment. In fact, if the latter were about to happen, I'd relocate to Canada or the EU and suggest doing the same to all on this list. The folk like me and probably other on this list would be first to be lynched.

Wojtek

____________________________________________________________________________________ We won't tell. Get more on shows you hate to love (and love to hate): Yahoo! TV's Guilty Pleasures list. http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/265