[lbo-talk] Dick Morris: Dems to split, thanks to far left

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Jan 12 08:02:45 PST 2007

Doug Henwood wrote:

> <http://www.familysecuritymatters.org/index.php?idX1647.html>
>
> The Coming Democratic Party Civil War
> By Dick Morris and Eileen McGann
>

> But this theater is not going to appease the left. They did not elect
> Democrats to Congress so they could hold hearings. They expect laws
> not shows. Their frustration will become increasingly apparent as the
> Cindy Sheehans of the world react to the increased troop commitment
> in Baghdad. The left will launch campaigns of civil disobedience,
> public marches and protests, online petitions, and the like. It will
> be the 1960s all over again.

No. I thought this two years ago, but even though I thought knew the centrality of the black liberation movement to the '60s I didn't put this snowledge to work.

No anti-war movement by itself can amount to anything. None ever has. None ever will. It would be nice tough if we could destroy the DP.

Carrol