[lbo-talk] Dick Morris: Dems to split, thanks to far left

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Fri Jan 12 08:59:08 PST 2007

Carrol Cox wrote:

> No anti-war movement by itself can amount to anything. None ever has.
> None ever will. It would be nice tough if we could destroy the DP.

You gotta wonder how much Morris gets paid to talk about the obvious.

Any astute political observer can see the DP marginalization of the radical left coming. The Republicans would have done the same thing to their own radical right if that block wasn't so big and so important to their base.

I just read a book about Michael Moore written by a loyal member of the DP. Much of the book is a good bio about Moore, but the second half of the book devolves into a hatchet job against Moore and the U.S. radical left. Chomsky, for example, is dismissed as a conspiracy theorist. Moore is painted as a dangerous person to progressives, which is pretty funny given how much progresives love Moore.

I understand Carrol's pessimism about the abilities of the anti-war movement. I have a feeling that the radical left could play a spoiler role over the next two years, or at least give the Democrats a severe case of political indigestion.

Chuck -------------------------- Bread and Roses Web Design serving small businesses, non-profits, artists and activists http://www.breadandrosesweb.com/