[lbo-talk] Moderation

queer dewd formerly known as ( ) bitch at pulpculture.org
Fri Jan 12 12:36:32 PST 2007

At 02:02 PM 1/12/2007, Chuck wrote:
>Carl Remick wrote:
>
>>To the limited extent I've followed it, this voluminous sex chitchat of
>>late appears to be the list's most stupefyingly irrelevant discussion in
>>the many years I've been here.
>>Right now, the gravest US Constitutional crisis of my 56-year lifetime is
>>unfolding in Washington as George Bush's criminal war on Iraq
>>disintegrates entirely. So what preoccupies the LBO list at this
>>world-historical moment? A windy, navel-gazing bull session that sounds
>>like extracts from deep-thinker Hugh Hefner's endlessly propounded
>>Playboy Philosophy of the 1960s.
>>Jesus Horatio Christ, what bold and timely topic will the list tackle next?
>
>Congratulations for invoking Leftist Logical Fallacy #38: People are
>incapable of multi-tasking and are therefore unable to talk about
>different kinds of serious issues.

aside from which, it simply ignores a basic principle of social life in this here united states (west?) (globe?): people argue about the small stuff. they don't argue over -- shock -- that which they agree on! exactly what were we all supposed to do? Write long-winded essays saying what everyone already thinks about the situation and through we can do nothing on an email list anyway. give me a break. Lists are for interaction. If you want words confirming your every thought go read your favorite lefty rag where someone talks AT you and you absorb.