[lbo-talk] (Guardian) Comment is free: Should egalitarians support Chávez?

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 13 15:20:32 PST 2007

--- Michael Pugliese <michael.098762001 at gmail.com> wrote: Charles, Joanna on Romania, Snedeker? Lance Murdoch w/ his apologias for the Khmer Rouge?

Having read more than I should of back issues from The New Masses, Soviet Life, China Reconstructs, the Cuban journal Tricontinental (particularly horrid, Salvadorean communist powt, Roque Dalton, in an issue from the early 70's, lauding Kim Il Sung's DPRK after a tour), The Nation and TNR from the 30's and 40's plus books, for example, on the PRC by Jan Myrdal (who also co-authored a text on People's Alabania translated for Monthly Review Press in the early 70's) or Felix Greene (I have one by him from the 60's on the PRC saying there was no famine in the GLF), I am sick of all the excuses pwoggies and rads give for autocratic regimes on the "Left" .

Any scoundrel who was anti-Communist during the Cold War got support from the USG. Some rads give uncritical support to any Communist "anti-imperialist" scoundrel esp. if they dress in military fatigues.

--

You're funny. Joanna has never lauded Communist-era Romania.

____________________________________________________________________________________ Looking for earth-friendly autos? Browse Top Cars by "Green Rating" at Yahoo! Autos' Green Center. http://autos.yahoo.com/green_center/