Re: [lbo-talk] (Guardian) Comment is free: Should egalitarians support Chávez?

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sun Jan 14 07:13:12 PST 2007

If I had the time, I could make an equally tendentious list about the U.S. - we have our own Padilla affair, e.g. There's just no comparison between Cuba today and the USSR in the 30s.

This kind of high-minded social democracy never addresses how to deal with the U.S. breathing down Cuba's neck. Our government is at least as responsible for repression in Cuba as is Cuba's own.

Doug