[lbo-talk] Re: "doing it"

Jim Straub rustbeltjacobin at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 23:09:40 PST 2007

Y'know, it lately seems like everyone on LBO just really wants to talk about sex all the time, and every possible study or debate that may raise prurient issues people just get to finally let it all hang out.

In that spirit, I'd also like to remark on something this study covered. Specifically, complain: only 16% of women in their twenties aren't doing some kind of bush maintenance? That number is so low, almost as low as people who still support our prez (a different kind of 'bush maintenance'... heh heh he... hey, I'm no ravi, that's as funny as I can be over listserve). But seriously, this is a trend I've been... uhm... noticing in my own anecdotal experience, and am not crazy about.

I mean, I'm no hippie, but this whole social eruption of young ladies all doing the porn star-style shaving thing, strikes me as a totally annoying contrivance manufactured of a sudden by a media that's getting more over-sexualized by the year (like axe body spray--- seriously, men, are we suddenly all going to start wearing perfume just because some commercials suggest it? what the fuck?). In a totally curmudgeonly post with no plausible political relevance, let me just complain, that I have the impression women already have enough social pressures on their grooming and looks as it is, do we really need to extend these fads to places that used to be kinda exempt from cosmo makeovers? It just seems to be hitting below the belt (aheh heh... sigh). Booo. 16%? Gawd.

Of course, I'm not advocating against styling your hoo-hoo... just in favor of a women's right to choose (whether or not to do so). And against what I perceive as a goofy new trend about looks among people my age. Man, this is like the dumbest thing I've ever said on lbo-talk... -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20070117/fed53cf0/attachment.htm>