[lbo-talk] Re: "doing it"

Matt lbo4 at beyondzero.net
Thu Jan 18 12:05:58 PST 2007

On Wed, Jan 17, 2007 at 11:09:40PM -0800, Jim Straub wrote:

> In that spirit, I'd also like to remark on something this study covered.
> Specifically, complain: only 16% of women in their twenties aren't doing
> some kind of bush maintenance? That number is so low, almost as low as
> people who still support our prez (a different kind of 'bush maintenance'...
> heh heh he... hey, I'm no ravi, that's as funny as I can be over
> listserve). But seriously, this is a trend I've been... uhm... noticing in
> my own anecdotal experience, and am not crazy about.

Amongst people I know keeping one's pubes trim is considered polite to your partner and hygienic. Both men and women practice it and seem to have little tolerance for someone who doesn't return the favor. As in "this dude expected me to go down on him and he was like a mountain man, stinking of ball sweat...". And a similar reaction by men if a lady expects oral sex but practices no grooming.

I always thought it was a quite liberating attitude for both men and women to have, indicating a higher comfort level with their own sexuality and also courtesy to their partners.

Sorry, but the notion it is in some way oppressive or sexist seems silly to me. Baby rape fantasies? That is just twisted.

YMMV.

Matt

-- PGP RSA Key ID: 0x1F6A4471 aim: beyondzero123 PGP DH/DSS Key ID: 0xAFF35DF2 yahoo msg: beyondzero123 http://blogdayafternoon.com

Everyone's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: Stop participating in it.

-Noam Chomsky