[lbo-talk] Democrats Warn Bush Not to Attack Iran

Yoshie Furuhashi critical.montages at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 22:16:07 PST 2007

On 1/20/07, Michael J. Smith <mjs at smithbowen.net> wrote:
> What I hear Harry
> saying is that the President is not allowed to go on an Iran joyride without
> taking Congress along. He did _not_ say that Congress wouldn't go along --
> and in fact, given the proper Gulf of Tonkin setup, I'm quite sure they would
> go along.

That's basically what I said in my preface, but it's still better than nothing, since the POTUS hasn't gotten a "proper Gulf of Tonkin setup," which he won't have without Iranian military response to US provocations. -- Yoshie <http://montages.blogspot.com/> <http://mrzine.org> <http://monthlyreview.org/>