Everybody's Needed (Was Re: [lbo-talk] Obama 'was educated inmadrassa')

Greg Boozell gboozell at juno.com
Sun Jan 21 05:53:53 PST 2007

As I recall, Obama won the Senate seat mostly by default. The Republicans and Fitzgerald hated each other so he didn't run for reelection. Obama ran under the radar during most of the Democratic primary season and emerged at the end - avoiding the public bloodshed and personal attacks. (Very smart politically, but his victory in the primary was more a result of staying above the fray - not about leadership or big progressive ideas.)

In the general election, the clueless state Republicans put up Ryan, whose campaign imploded when it was revealed he frequented sex clubs.

If the incumbent Fitzgerald and the Republican party had been able to patch up their differences, I doubt Obama would have won.

Greg Boozell gboozell at juno.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "andie nachgeborenen" <andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com> To: <lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org> Sent: Sunday, January 21, 2007 12:41 AM Subject: Everybody's Needed (Was Re: [lbo-talk] Obama 'was educated inmadrassa')