Everybody's Needed (Was Re: [lbo-talk] Obama 'was educated in madrassa')

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Sun Jan 21 17:32:20 PST 2007

andie nachgeborenen wrote:

> As I said, I don't advocate shutting down the
> movements for the duration. That will assure that
> whoever gets elected will be a lot less amenable to
> our policy goals. But it's a mistake to damn a
> politician for not being a political kamikaze if he
> can do less harm and more good than the others on the
> table.

The movements, of course, are not going to shut down.

In fact, I suspect that they will heat up as more and more people get tired of the foot-dragging by the Democrats. Some of us are planning to throw gasoline onto the movements, so expect a flare up.

I'll be happy if by 2008 the Democrats are wringing their hands and demonizing us.

Chuck