Purer Than Thou (Was Re: [lbo-talk] Obama 'was educated in madrassa')

Tayssir John Gabbour tayssir.john at googlemail.com
Sun Jan 21 11:13:01 PST 2007

On 1/21/07, andie nachgeborenen <andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Maybe if you can't stomach that you should be doing
> something else, we need people doing all sorts of
> things, but please let's avoid the more-pure, more
> principled, and more radical than thou debate this
> time around? Futile hope.

Er, ok, I just want to make sure my comments weren't taken as any sorta criticism of anyone, especially you in particular. (From a social tech point of view, mailing lists like this often have the property of being more antagonistic than need be. I believe people are starting to somehow figure out how to build forums which are more congenial.)

Personally, my tiny role is about advising people about politicians in the same way I recommend products of multinational corporations. You know, offer background as honestly as I can, so people can more easily choose the political product that they personally want. I don't really care about the elections themselves (as if I'm thrilled to occasionally vote for my king and lords), aside from the basic human sympathy whenever people are screwed over, and that much time will be wasted on the empty marketing campaign of Britney vs. Shakira. Coke vs. Diet Coke fighting over beverage supremacy.

Shasta in 2008!

Tayssir