Purer Than Thou (Was Re: [lbo-talk] Obama 'was educated inmadrassa')

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Sun Jan 21 11:48:27 PST 2007

"Andie":

> I know the Democrats are going to betray us. I said
> so. I know they are going to fold under pressure. I
> said so. I said that was the one immutable law of
> social science. I said about Obama and this goes for
> any Democrat prez candidate that he won't accomplish a
> 10th of what could do or a hundred of we want him to
> do. If that sounds like giddiness and Donkey flag
> waving to you, what would cold eyed sobriety sound
> like?

Okay, then. You're a "realist." And if being "real" means that, ultimately, we or at least most of us support Dems in general elections, then it seems to me, based on the above, that this is a form of political masochism and even more useless than being "pure." Or maybe you have a different description for it. We won't know until mid-Nov, '08. I, for one, cannot wait!

Dennis