[lbo-talk] Re: Re: Purer Than Thou

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Jan 22 18:39:40 PST 2007

On Jan 22, 2007, at 8:30 PM, Jim Straub wrote:

> On the topic of the Dem horserace going on now, if I had to bet on
> the victor I'd throw my money on Hillary, and a corrollary bet with
> that would be on ol' 'Walnuts' McCain as our next president--- and
> that. Will. Suck. Shit.

Sometimes I think the right has completely shot its wad - the disaster of W wasn't just a petit mort but a grand one. Heck it's been almost 30 years since the right-wing reaction set in and it may be time for something new. Something not great, of course, but not McCain either. He's Mr Surge, after all, and this is not the time to be identified with getting deeper into Iraq.

> But the left hasn't been that into edwards, which I have found
> odd. Any thoughts on Mr Handsome from north carolina, and the left?

The left you're thinking about doesn't care much about labor, does it?

Doug