[lbo-talk] Re: Purer Than Thou

Matt lbo4 at beyondzero.net
Tue Jan 23 19:25:18 PST 2007

On Tue, Jan 23, 2007 at 05:25:56PM -0600, Chuck wrote:

> Oh, the comments here about techies are mostly well-placed. I'll try to
> overlook the obnoxious comments about geeks deserving the current job
> market.

If you meant you inferred that from what I wrote you misunderstood. I object to the sense of superiority techies display when it comes to losing their jobs as opposed to any other working class people. Techies don't "deserve" the job market any more than the auto-worker, and the auto-worker doesn't "deserve" to lose her job any more than the techie. That is my point.

Matt

-- PGP RSA Key ID: 0x1F6A4471 aim: beyondzero123 PGP DH/DSS Key ID: 0xAFF35DF2 yahoo msg: beyondzero123 http://blogdayafternoon.com

In small proportions we just beauties see, And in short measures life may perfect be.

-Ben Jonson