[lbo-talk] Help!!!

bitch at pulpculture.org bitch at pulpculture.org
Sun Jan 28 17:31:39 PST 2007

At 08:26 PM 1/28/2007, joanna wrote:
>bitch at pulpculture.org wrote:
>
>>At the last minute, I decided to put together a portfolio of my work to
>>take to a couple of interviews I have lined up this week. I haven't had
>>time to ask if it's OK to use these blurbs, generally conveyed to me via email.
>Assuming you also have a couple of phone numbers or emails you can provide
>so that they can also call/write to get references, use them.
>
>I don't mean that the people you quote in the blurbs also have to be
>callable. I just mean that advertising alone isn't enough.
>
>But, yeah, I would use them.

Time is short and I still have to paint my nails hot pink! Should I say references available on request -- since I do have that info. OTOH, who knows where I stand given the ex-exploiter?

That's my biggest fear. Alos, would people from 3 years ago even remember? Some people aren't even with the company any more. But, as you know, this are megahuge companies -- the client praise -- and the gig's with megahuge company. The other is for a PT posish and I'm not worried with them. They're small and they want my ass. Pay is the suckage though.

There's not much chance of a phone call since it's a hurry hurry posish, start next Monday, which means I'll know tomorrow or Tues. The recruiter pushed for the interview Mon since they like to start everyone monday. There's thee openings and, as far as he knows, three candidates. It's a contract gig which would have me making the COL of what you make -- and employees wages thru the recruiting agency. So I don't want to flub it up.

One thing I'll know: If I don't get the gig, then I AM the suckage, job wise. ha! It's always good to at least *know*. ;p

Thanks!

http://blog.pulpculture.org