[lbo-talk] Help!!!

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Sun Jan 28 17:48:23 PST 2007

bitch at pulpculture.org wrote:

> At 08:26 PM 1/28/2007, joanna wrote:
>
>> bitch at pulpculture.org wrote:
>>
>>> At the last minute, I decided to put together a portfolio of my work
>>> to take to a couple of interviews I have lined up this week. I
>>> haven't had time to ask if it's OK to use these blurbs, generally
>>> conveyed to me via email.
>>
>> Assuming you also have a couple of phone numbers or emails you can
>> provide so that they can also call/write to get references, use them.
>>
>> I don't mean that the people you quote in the blurbs also have to be
>> callable. I just mean that advertising alone isn't enough.
>>
>> But, yeah, I would use them.
>>

> Time is short and I still have to paint my nails hot pink!

I assume you're kidding. But if you're not, don't paint your nails, unless you're talking about toenails.

Yes, say "References available upon request."

It's the necessary incantation. I don't know if people call references. I never have. I just look at the writing samples and listen to what people say; that's enough. On the other hand, I've never been a manager.

Joanna