[lbo-talk] Planning for Metro Detroit Social Forum

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Mon Jan 29 05:06:49 PST 2007

Dear Comrades,

On Saturday, January 20, I attended a meeting of various local activists called by the Labor Party to discuss projects that might enable the many progressive groups in the area to work together more closely. We decided to consider creating a Metro Detroit Social Forum as a way of building solidarity and to encourage participation in the U.S. Social Forum (set for Atlanta in the end of June). There will be a meeting to talk more about the possibility of a Metro Detroit Social Forum, and all are invited to attend:

What: Meeting to discuss and plan for a Metro Detroit Social Forum When: Saturday, February 10, 10 a.m. to noon Where: Central United Methodist Church, intersection of Woodward and Adams, Detroit.

I have attached a letter from the Labor Party with the same information (you need Adobe Acrobat to open it).

Hope to see you on the 10th.

best,