[lbo-talk] Bakunin on Marx

Lenin's Tomb leninstombblog at googlemail.com
Sun Jul 1 14:07:17 PDT 2007

On 7/1/07, Chuck <chuck at mutualaid.org> wrote:
> I'll put anything purportedly bad done by anarchists against the horrors
> perpetrated by Marxist-Leninist-Maoists in the 20th century.
>
> Us anarchists will come out smelling like roses.
>
> Crack a fucking history book.

You guys never had any power, so obviously you didn't get too bloodied. And some of us have been mounting immanent critiques of Stalinism, Maoism and (dare I say it?), the much lesser sin of Fidelism, for a long time. In the same way that you wouldn't want to be tainted with the fantasies of one Mikhail Bakunin, marxists don't always belong to the same category as either Mao or Stalin.