[lbo-talk] Lieberman still a hawk

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 2 07:59:04 PDT 2007

On the run -- but he didn't say in which direction! You know, like the French Army had North Vietnamese on the run in 1954 . . . . Or, to echo a later announcement of victory from the same conflict, there's a light at the end of the tunnel. (Yeah, like the flash from a roadside bomb explosion.) Joe L is living in an alternative reality. I suppose he thinks this somehow benefits Israel -- to have destroyed a large stable Arab state in the Middle East that had never attack Israel (until we attacked it in 1991) and empowered Iran, an even more powerful and rabidly anti-Semitic (not just antiZionist) state. "Whom the gods wish to destroy, they first make mad." (Euripides)

<http://www.abcnews.go.com/Politics/TheNote/Story?id=3105288&page=2>