[lbo-talk] 4 July - Help me Think

BklynMagus magcomm at ix.netcom.com
Thu Jul 5 10:05:35 PDT 2007

&

> Friend suggested that my anger at obesity; the fact that I even looked/stared at people who were enormous, made me 'one of the people who cause people to be anorexic'.

Not all obesity is due to gluttony. Some obesity is caused as a side effect of medications. In my case, my weight gain is caused by a metabolic disorder called Hashimoto's Disease. So far, I have yet to be able to manage it and some meds I take for other reasons add to the problem.

> Obesity is one thing! Anorexia is another! While they're both social phenomena, they are caused by different pathologies

Obesity is not always caused by pathologies. Sometimes it can be a combination of genetics and disease.

Brian