[lbo-talk] Liberalism

Jim Straub rustbeltjacobin at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 10:45:19 PDT 2007

Are you serious? I... don't think most 14 year olds associate the hammer and sickle with the soviet union, and wouldn't be surprised if a majority of the general public didn't either. The semiotic language that is lbo-talk's milleu is simply not a part of the general discourse in the US. I guess one could proceede from that to a belief that everyone else is 'incurious', 'untutored', 'solipsistic', and... feral??!?! But that seems like projection to me.

But maybe I'm jumping the gun and you were being sarcastic in a way I can't read.