[lbo-talk] 300 Pounds of Joy (Was Re: 4 July - Help me Think)

ravi ravi at platosbeard.org
Thu Jul 5 16:02:48 PDT 2007

On 5 Jul, 2007, at 18:42 PM, Mr. WD wrote:

> The really weird thing about this allegedly new conception of female
> beauty is that -- despite this increasingly skinny female ideal put
> forth in "the media" -- bi and heterosexual men still seem to be more
> attracted to Marilyn Monroe/Bettie Page type figures. If classical
> sculpture is any indication, it would appear that this has been the
> case for a very long time.

But classical where? The temples of India are saturated with big- breasted, slim-waisted (albeit with a little belly that the girl in Pulp Fiction would approve of), and somewhat full-hipped women. Which might fit the Monroe mold, but would fall quite short of the generic "overweight" person's figure.

When I was speaking with a porn moghul at a tech show in Las Vegas, he confided in me that the material that gets the most hits and paying customers is the pictures/videos etc with voluptuous/curvy ladies, but it was clear from his description that he was thinking along the lines of the Indian architects and their patrons, not about BBWs ;-).

No endorsement of any particular body type is implied or intended in this message! I love all the ladies!

--ravi