[lbo-talk] 300 Pounds of Joy (Was Re: 4 July - Help me Think)

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Fri Jul 6 08:49:23 PDT 2007

ravi wrote:

> When I was speaking with a porn moghul at a tech show in Las Vegas,
> he confided in me that the material that gets the most hits and
> paying customers is the pictures/videos etc with voluptuous/curvy
> ladies, but it was clear from his description that he was thinking
> along the lines of the Indian architects and their patrons, not about
> BBWs ;-).

Judging from one of the highly popular vanilla het porno sites that I visit on a regular basis, lots of guys (and women) out there really prefer curvy women models.

As for BBW, I have an interesting anecdote. Several years ago, in the mid 90s, I was visiting an adult bookstore in Wheaton, Maryland. This is one of the suburbs of Washington, DC. I was suprised to find that the bookstore was carrying copies of "Fat Girl" or "Fat Dyke" (can't remember the exact name) zine, which had recently featured one of my friends. I thought that it was interesting that the bookstore was catering to people with an interest in big women, but I was more surprised that the store was carrying a zine!

Chuck