[lbo-talk] Liberalism

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 5 18:55:27 PDT 2007

>From: Carrol Cox <cbcox at ilstu.edu>
>
>Dennis Claxton wrote:
> >
> > I'd also wager this 14-year-old knows a lot of stuff about the world
>that you haven't a clue about.
>
>This was my premise. The "ignorance" and "stupidity" of so many
>americans, adult and teenage, is ideology-based -- which is why they can
>learn so fast when conditions break through that ideology.

[Yeah, fast learners are the American people.]

Poll: More Than 4 in 10 Americans Still Believe Saddam Involved with 9/11

By E&P Staff

Published: June 25, 2007 8:20 AM ET

NEW YORK Nearly six years after the 9/11 terrorist attacks on the U.S., better than 4 in 10 Americans still wrongly believe that Saddam Hussein was involved in planning or carrying out the actions. Surprisingly, that number has even risen in the past two years, according to a Newsweek poll. ...

<http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003602869>

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ Need a brain boost? Recharge with a stimulating game. Play now!  http://club.live.com/home.aspx?icid=club_hotmailtextlink1