[lbo-talk] lbo-talk Digest, Vol 191, Issue 7

Mike Ballard swillsqueal at yahoo.com.au
Sat Jul 7 23:15:33 PDT 2007

Jim Straub asked: So now that most workers know to believe the opposite of what he says, ya'll should be able to defeat the right, correct? MB):
> The lies are all pretty sickening. One thing that many, maybe even most
> Australian workers know now: if Howard says X is happening, you'd best
> undersand that as meaning that notX is happening.
*************************** The Australian Labor Party is ahead of the Liberals in the national polls. http://www.pollbludger.com/category/federal-election-2007/ But the popular vote won't necessarily translate into enough *seats* to win the election. Labor has to win 17 parliamentary seats away from the Coalition (Libs/Nats) and this won't be easy, as those seats are heavy with Liberal/National voters and most of them remain convinced that conservative capitalist politics trumps leftist capitalist politics in terms of the overall efficiency of the system and therefore, their own standard of living. On top of this, some Labor seats, like Swan wher I live, are going to be heavily contested by the Liberals. On the other hand, some Liberal and National seats are also on the edge, especially in Queensland. One upset may occur in John Howard's own seat in Bennelong, where he faces a very attactive, savvy former TV personality of the ABC, Maxine McKew.

Mike B)

An injury to one is an injury to all http://www.iww.org/

____________________________________________________________________________________ Be a better Globetrotter. Get better travel answers from someone who knows. Yahoo! Answers - Check it out. http://answers.yahoo.com/dir/?link=list&sid=396545469