[lbo-talk] WBAI makes Page Six

ravi ravi at platosbeard.org
Sun Jul 8 07:27:46 PDT 2007

On 8 Jul, 2007, at 10:02 AM, Doug Henwood wrote:
> The on-air anti-Quinn
> tirades began in early June after a bill was introduced to rename
> four blocks of Gates Avenue in Bedford-Stuyvesant after Carson, who
> led the racist boycott against a Korean deli in 1990. Quinn opposed
> it, calling Carson "anti-white" - just as Carson described himself.

What a joke! According to Quinn we are to subscribe to the idea that "anti-white" is racism in the same way that "anti-black" is? Also, since when did Koreans become "white"? I thought to white people the 2 + billion of us are all that amorphous group called "Asians" that can be poked fun at in progressive TV shows like The Simpsons!

--ravi