[lbo-talk] Max Horkheimer on Theism and Atheism

Robert Wrubel bobwrubel at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 8 09:43:26 PDT 2007

I dont get it, Doug. I was just thinking how well that quote fits certain contemporaries, like Christopher Hitchens and Sam Harris. Intellectuals generally tend to be atheists (if asked), and they also tend to have very subtle, complex (ultimately passive) attitudes toward power. By intellectuals, I guess I mean mainly academic ones.