[lbo-talk] Max Horkheimer on Theism and Atheism

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 8 13:33:55 PDT 2007

>From: Michael Smith <mjs at smithbowen.net>
>
>On Sun, 2007-07-08 at 19:35 +0000, Carl Remick wrote:
> > >From: joanna <123hop at comcast.net>
> > >
> > >What they want is "beauty." Bringing back the Latin Mass....
> > >

> >http://www.boston.com/news/local/articles/2007/07/08/vatican_grants_a_revival_for_old_style_latin_mass/
> >
> > Beauty, ha! I see this as a classic example of the faithful wanting to
> > ensure that their meaningless gibberish is as as incomprehensible as
> > possible.
>
>Actually it makes a lot more sense in Latin than in English -- and in
>Greek, of course, it's as pellucid as Euclid.

Whatever. Little makes the hearts of the devout go pit-a-pat like the excitement of raving --- a/k/a "glossolalia" or "speaking in tongues." There's nothing wrong with the religious frame of mind that 10 mg of Haldol wouldn't clear up.

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ http://im.live.com/messenger/im/home/?source=hmtextlinkjuly07