[lbo-talk] thanks

bitch at pulpculture.org bitch at pulpculture.org
Mon Jul 9 18:30:25 PDT 2007

First, thanks to ravi for answers to my questions. I'm learning a lot from the flirt, now, but it's too bad there isn't a great, huge book to consult as well.

I don't recall who wrote about Diamond's book frequently enough to pique my interest, but thanks. I just finished Jared Diamond's Guns, Germs, and Steel and it was excellent. It has made for some great dinnertime conversations in this Bitch's household lemme tell ya.

Also, thank you to andie for recommending Kipnis's work. What a truly marvelous writer and provocative cultural critic. I just started Against Love. Outstanding. It ought to be required reading for everyone on this list.

Oh yeah, thanks to Doug for interviewing Audacia Ray who just published, Naked on the Internet.

I just returned from the library, kiddles, so I'll keep up with the half assed book reviews if you're reading along. If I ever get extended time at the computer, I'll turn them into more formal and actually finished reviews. ha.

on that note, now that we have the DVD player and the spare cash to rent movies, please make suggestions as I have not rented movies for three years and, thus, barely paid attention to what was worth seeing -- cause if you can't rent/buy, why look and want? :p

Oh, also, there a link to a paper on Doug's site. Great critique of Arundhati Roy and, from my observations of the kinds of people who comprise the Indian middle class she's talking about,the analysis is right on, too.

bl

"You know how it is, come for the animal porn, stay for the cultural analysis." -- Michael Berube

Bitch | Lab http://blog.pulpculture.org (NSFW)