[lbo-talk] thanks

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 9 18:02:25 PDT 2007

bitch wrote:

>on that note, now that we have the DVD player and the spare cash to rent
>movies, please make suggestions as I have not rented movies for three years
>and, thus, barely paid attention to what was worth seeing

Here's a few I've seen in the last few months.

L.I.E.

I saw this introduced by John Waters on his "Movies That Will Corrupt You" series. His synopsis from the series website is here:

http://www.heretv.com/johnwaters/

Kinky Boots

I took a special interest in this one because about a third of the way through I realized it was based on a true story I'd heard of a failing English shoe factory that revived itself by shifting production to kinky footwear. Once I was in England and saw a documentary on the real company and when I remembered it the movie all at once got better:

http://www.thefilmfactory.co.uk/kinkyboots/index_flash.html

The Soul of a Man

Wim Wenders directed this episode of the Martin Scorcese PBS series on blues music. I haven't been interested in seeing a Wenders movie in years, but he's got a lot of musician friends who shine in this and the historical recreations are pretty good:

http://www.pbs.org/theblues/aboutfilms/wenders.html