[lbo-talk] The Problem of Conspiracy Theorists at the Anti-War Meeting Yesterday

Robert Wrubel bobwrubel at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 11 17:10:47 PDT 2007

Robert: it depends on how one holds the conspiracy theory. I hold it lightly, as one hypothesis among many. I also hold the possibility that Al Qaeda exists,how extensive, unified and effective it is, and that it did the deed on 9-11, as a hypothesis. I dont mind holding a bunch of hypotheses in mind at once, even incompatible ones, since history will prove most of them wrong, or will never provide decisive proof of any of them. But I agree with what you and most of the respondents here have said about conspiracy theorists -- they seem to need simple explanations, and they're irritating in discussions of complex issues.