[lbo-talk] The Problem of Conspiracy Theorists at the Anti-War Meeting Yesterday

wrobert at uci.edu wrobert at uci.edu
Thu Jul 12 10:58:00 PDT 2007

Speaking of the RCP. I heard a rather odd rumor about them. A friend of mine is interested in the work of Alain Badiou and was attending a mini seminar put on by the old man. Evidently there was a huge section of RCP members at the conference. My friend was curious about what was going on and took a couple youth group members out for a drink. Evidently, Avakian has been reading Badiou and is becoming convinced that the party form is becoming defunct. This in turn is creating a great deal of turmoil in the party and the party is sending cadre to see Badiou speak....

robert wood