[lbo-talk] The Problem of Conspiracy Theorists at the Anti-War Meeting Yesterday

Yoshie Furuhashi critical.montages at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 12:08:12 PDT 2007

On 7/12/07, wrobert at uci.edu <wrobert at uci.edu> wrote:
> Speaking of the RCP. I heard a rather odd rumor about them. A friend of
> mine is interested in the work of Alain Badiou and was attending a mini
> seminar put on by the old man. Evidently there was a huge section of RCP
> members at the conference. My friend was curious about what was going on
> and took a couple youth group members out for a drink. Evidently, Avakian
> has been reading Badiou and is becoming convinced that the party form is
> becoming defunct. This in turn is creating a great deal of turmoil in the
> party and the party is sending cadre to see Badiou speak....

"Signs are taken for wonders. 'We would see a sign!'"

For connoisseurs of signs taken for wonders, strange and marvelous, here's Alain Badiou's "The Cultural Revolution: The Last Revolution?" Trans. Bruno Bosteels, positions: east asia cultures critique 13.3, Winter 2005, pp. 481-514, <http://positions.dukejournals.org/cgi/reprint/13/3/481>.

On 7/12/07, Chuck <chuck at mutualaid.org> wrote:
> I think it's funny if the RCP reaps what it sows. It creates a liberal
> front group to raise funds and ends up attracting the more militant
> liberals.

I forgot to mention this, but during the winter and spring quarters of this academic year I sometimes came across several young followers of Lyndon LaRouche doing the tabling on OSU campus, clamoring for impeachment. I wonder if there's any overlap among the "9/11 Truth" movement, World Can't Wait, and the Lyndon LaRouche cult!

Ah, the Buckeye State, the land of poisonous nuts. -- Yoshie