[lbo-talk] Thanks, All

cgrimes at rawbw.COM cgrimes at rawbw.COM
Mon Jul 16 15:04:22 PDT 2007

On 16-Jul-2007 Dennis Perrin wrote:
> For the many offlist mails I received. While I'm not in the best emotional
> shape, I'm still functioning (put up a new post today at my blog) and
> plodding along. It warms me that so many of you reached out with such
> genuine concern. It means a lot. Thanks again.
>
> Dennis

Thought about your blog on depression.

You're not alone buddy. We've all been staring at the screen with a world of despair running around our heads. Well, I have. The terrible state of the country and the perverse evil of the people who govern us is soul destroying. I have no idea why the political climate physically effects me as if it were the weather, but it does.

Of course I have a theory about this too. If you are depressed about the state of the nation, it is probably because you really are patriotic, you really do love your country and it is just terrible what it has done in the world and to itself. I can't bare to live with the rage, so I collapse in impotent despair. About the only positive thing I can think to do is study it, figure it out, undertand its themes and turns. Protesting, throwing rocks, organizing anything is complete beyond me.

All of this reminds me of the first time a mean kid on the playground slugged me in the solar plexus. I went down like I was dropped.

What I tell myself is get outside and get some exercise. Ride a bike, take a walk, go to the gym, whatever...

CG