[lbo-talk] Congestion pricing goes down

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Tue Jul 17 09:55:02 PDT 2007

Dwayne says:

> Although I can't see it, you seem to be driving the
> ball towards a goal. What alternatives do you have in
> mind?

I'm just saying that it's disingenuous to basically say: "See? Those rat bastards in Albany are standing in the way of us getting some transportation improvements!"

No one is against transportation improvements. NYC has problems with transportation and they thought they could pay for them by implementing a user tax (which I'm almost always against, but even moreso on this one). Well, score one for Albany, I say.

My alternative? The best solution: the General Fund. Every politician hates it, but I think that if you can't convince people who pay taxes that they need something, you aren't doing your job. And of course it adds fuel to my request that we only have one kind of tax, a progressive income tax.

/jordan