[lbo-talk] Liberal Intellectuals and the Coordinator Class

Tayssir John Gabbour tayssir.john at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 17 22:57:17 PDT 2007

On 7/18/07, John Thornton <jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> The idea that we must fear too few people working and too many people
> loafing is unfounded as far as I can see.
> People are just projecting the fucked up climate of today into the
> future when the worry about such things. Why would individuals raised in
> a society that valued cooperation above competition and contribution
> above reward be the lazy shits people on this list worry about?

Maybe you're projecting the "lazy shits" part? We're all lazy to some extent, just as we also have strong human impluses towards creating and learning things.

We build social arrangements in order to cooperate. Because we know we have strengths and weaknesses. Many of these complex arrangements have strong effects on us and the world. Which ones seem to have good effects; which have worse?

I haven't found any magic answer, personally. Only incomplete guesses to try out in the real world.

Tayssir