[lbo-talk] Fetters: literary criticism/self-criticism

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Thu Jul 19 08:10:25 PDT 2007

Eubulides

CB: Further explanation of the "realm of freedom" comes from the following concepts:

Hegel was the first to state correctly the relation between freedom and necessity. To him, freedom is the insight into necessity (die Einsicht in die Notwendigheit).

There's not a shred of non-circular evidence that the above is true.

Just for starters, did Engels ever read Spinoza?

Ho hum,

Ian

^^^^^^ CB: OK. Hegel was the second. We'll call it the bored Ian's critique of Engels.

As to no non-circular evidence, we'll term that the critique of Ian the empircist, . Isn't it arguments not evidence that is "circular" ?