[lbo-talk] Moore's Sicko Analysis

Tayssir John Gabbour tayssir.john at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 23 13:49:30 PDT 2007

On 7/20/07, B. <docile_body at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I'm not a fan of how Moore inserts himself rather
> self-aggrandizingly into his films as peoples'
> hero/savior, etc., even on issues he has nothing to do
> with. (Bowling for Columbine.) That gets old. But at
> base I agree with most of his propositions, even if
> his means of delivery can grate or get pitifully
> maudlin.

Often, stories are entertaining because it has characters you care about. I think this is what Michael Moore offers.

A friend of mine found The Corporation too boring to watch, but found Sicko very interesting. I think partly it was because it was entertaining and had a greater sense of irony. And people don't like to surround themselves with depressing stuff... except for those of us present. ;)

Tayssir