[lbo-talk] the depressing thing that is American politics...

Robert Wrubel bobwrubel at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 25 07:51:47 PDT 2007

cbcox wrote: "Public opinion is merely an annoyance in respect to these issues."

I agree with you in the sense that public opinion never results in change in policy -- only in change of rhetoric. So, in the current debate, the Democrats have managed to translate "end the war" into "get our combat troops out!" They could have enlarged the position to "end the war machine", but instead they narrowed it, to "protect the troops."

BobW