[lbo-talk] Raúl on the 26th + Fidel on Cuba's Self Criticism

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Sat Jul 28 08:32:30 PDT 2007

Dmytri Kleiner wrote:

> Criticize Castro all you want. As an anarchist I am also critical of
> Statist regimes, but all of them, I don't mimic the propaganda industry
> in reserving particular vitriol for enemies of the US.
>
> Compared with other actual States, claiming that Cuba has accomplished
> nothing for it's people is just reactionary bunk.

Oh brother. Yes, anarchists should be critical of all statist regimes and nobody is more consistent on this than me.

It's very troublesome that you respond to my criticism with another variation of the disgusting Leftist defense of all things Castro: if you criticize Castro, you are doing the work of the U.S. government.

For a bunch of Leftists who like to act smug about the Americans who still blindly support George Bush, they act just the same way when it comes to the regime that runs Cuba.

I'm reserving particular vitriol for Cuba because American leftists have this embarassing weak spot for the indefensible, authoritrian regime that runs that country. The job of an anarchist is to make hamburger out of sacred cows.

Chuck