[lbo-talk] cruise report

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Sun Jul 29 14:23:03 PDT 2007

>>How about "FDR?" They'll laugh, and if they're really old you'll be
>>flattering them by soliciting them for stories (which might be
>>interesting). But more importantly, it will allow you a kind way to segue
>>into how, against the background of substantial change that we associate
>>with FDR, all the current crop seem to have bag over their heads when it
>>comes to imagining what's possible.
>>
>>Michael

> I second that motion.
>
> Joanna

I third it. Spent the weekend in my birthplace, and spoke for the first time in years to my 84-year-old grandmother. She remains a New Deal Dem, hates the Repubs, hates the neocons, hates the rightward drift of her party. We had a great talk (she's still really sharp), and drove my Repub mother a little crazy.

Make connections where you can.

Dennis