[lbo-talk] cruise report

Lenin's Tomb leninstombblog at googlemail.com
Sun Jul 29 14:57:30 PDT 2007

On 7/29/07, Dennis Perrin <dperrin at comcast.net> wrote:

> >>How about "FDR?" They'll laugh, and if they're really old you'll be
> >>flattering them by soliciting them for stories (which might be
> >>interesting). But more importantly, it will allow you a kind way to
> segue
> >>into how, against the background of substantial change that we associate
> >>with FDR, all the current crop seem to have bag over their heads when it
> >>comes to imagining what's possible.
> >>
> >>Michael
>
> > I second that motion.
> >
> > Joanna
>
> I third it.

Doug, you can listen to these guys with their very constructive suggestions, or you can be urbane and remark that one doesn't bring a measuring rod to Lilliput. OR, you can tell those cruise bastards that I said there need to be more Democrats like Kennedy (ie shot through the head). The only good Democrats are DOA, either literally or figuratively. I know there's a temptation to be politically stringent and civil, given that your only exit is the ocean, but if you aren't prepared to hatemonger on a Nation cruise, then what fun can you reasonably expect out of life? This is a golden opportunity for some rhetorical golden showers.