[lbo-talk] Raúl on the 26th + Fidel on Cuba's Self Criticism

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Mon Jul 30 12:15:44 PDT 2007

Dmytri Kleiner wrote:

> What criteria are you using for success and what do you mean by
> "revolution."

Don't ask me. Ask the people who are celebrating the "self-evident success of the Cuban revolution."

> If by "revolution" you mean insurrection/coup then clearly it was
> succesull as it did replace the state. And, as has been pointed out, the
> Cuban state has exceeded expectations.

It looks and smells like a coup to me. I don't see any signs of a participatory democracy that would be evident in an actual revolution.

It's exceeded expectations? Well, at least it's not North Korea.

> Yes.
>
> In so much as it was about the general poverty of the Cuban people, lack
> of medical care being a component of poverty.

Jesus christ. You are one of those zombie Castro-lovin leftists aren't you. Weren't you pretending to be an anarchist just a few days ago?

> What is your solution for feeding them more? Hating Castro?

Are you saying that the Cuban revolution hasn't met expectations when it comes to feeding people.

> What are the people in Haiti eating?

We're talking about Cuba here, the glorious revolution in the Caribbean.

>>Are you really arguing that Cuba had a revolution? Scary.

No! I'm not the one arguing that Cuba had a revolution!

> The Batista State was overthrown and a different State replaced it,
> that, sometimes, is called a Revolution.

It's a change in governments, for sure.

> I agree that it is not my idea of revolution, but that is beside the point.

What is your point?

> You would rather have lived under Batista?

How about living under NOTHING. No Batista, No Castro. Anarchism.

> Only if you consider the actual well being of the Cuban people as
> secondary to your own feelings about Castro.

I don't have any feelings about Castro. My interest here is to skewer the American leftists who worship Castro. It's nothing short of amazing that American leftists would continue to celebrate Castro, its glorious doctors, and its so-called "revolution" despite the ugly facts.

If this is the social revolution you want to sell everybody else, don't be surprised when pretty much everybody tells you to take a flying leap off a pier in Havana.

> I ask you again, do you really believe that changing the face of an
> elite class eliminates it's dictatorship?

You are asking the wrong person.

> You cry "50 years is enough!" But what do you mean by that? What is your
> proposal? Say you could simply kill Castro, do you think that would help
> the Cuban people?

The Cuban people should have a right to self-determination without interference of the Unites States, American leftists, capitalists and everybody else who thinks they know what's good for them.

Chuck