[lbo-talk] cruise report

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Jul 30 15:55:44 PDT 2007

On Jul 29, 2007, at 8:08 PM, Rakesh Bhandari wrote:

> Oh sh..t, the problem is worse than I imagined. I am really worried
> for Doug and family. Please check in often.

Thanks for your concern. As we were boarding in Seattle, we had to run a gauntlet of guys pressing hand sanitizer on us. When we got to the cabin, I read a letter from the cruise line saying there'd been several recent outbreaks of the shits - on other lines, not Holland- America! There are hand sanitizer dispensers all over, and human dispensers when we file into dinner. So far, so good....

Thanks for all the suggestions re: Democrats. I hammered the Dems on my panel this morning - and though Ralph Nader & I had a little tussle over the relative importance of the WTO and "globalization" (disagreements are unusual among panelists, I think), we agreed on how the Dems suck. No one booed us. The relationship of Nation types to the Dems is interesting - they'll agree that they're dismal, but always come around to voting for them.

Doug