[lbo-talk] Re: Raúl on the 26th + Fidel on Cuba's Self Criticism

Dmytri Kleiner dk at telekommunisten.net
Mon Jul 30 16:29:29 PDT 2007

On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 15:06:52 -0700, Miles Jackson <cqmv at pdx.edu> wrote:

> I can't resist noting the irony here: a self-professed anarchist is
> egregiously ignoring our agreed upon posting standards--because the
> authority figure isn't around! If you need evidence that a civil
> society requires some authority structure to enforce mutually beneficial
> social norms, just check out this thread. (Statists 1, anarchists 0.)

And I can't resist the Irony here: what beter demonstrates the tendency of Statists of employing fallacious dismissals of anarchism then generalizing some triviality like an email list argument into some grand general proof that an egalitarian society is not now or ever possible as a result of a thus proven inherent need of enforced authority.

To pretend that discussion list moderation is somehow inherently incompatible with Anarchism is at least as silly as pretending that the "American Left's worship of Castro" has been a relevant obstacle to the self-determination of the Cuban people.

-- Dmytri Kleiner <dk at telekommunisten.net>

http://www.dialstation.com http://www.telekommunisten.net